Mississippi First Steps: Early Intervention Program - AFB Directory Profile
Mississippi First Steps: Early Intervention Program
Department of Health
570 East Woodrow Wilson Drive
Jackson, MS 39215-1700
(601) 576-7427 (Local)
(601) 576-7540 (Fax)
(800) 451-3903 (Toll-Free)
Susan Boone, Part C Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Children
- Assesses children birth to age 3 for various conditions including visual impairment.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Lead agency for Mississippi's early intervention system as required by the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA). Maintains central directory of early intervention services for children birth to age 3. Evaluation/Assessment of referred infants/toddlers and provision of services to meet the unique developmental needs of eligible infants/toddlers and their families.
- Information and Referral
- Maintains the Early Intervention Resource Library. Provides information and referral to relevant state agencies and community resources.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides technical assistance to providers of health care and preschool educational services.