Missouri Assistive Technology Project - AFB Directory Profile
Missouri Assistive Technology Project
1501 NW Jefferson
Blue Springs, MO 64015
(816) 655-6700 (Local)
(816) 655-6710 (Fax)
(800) 647-8558 (Toll-Free)
(816) 655-6711 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Geographic area served: State of Missouri
Publications: A wide variety of publications related to assistive technology and disability.
David Baker, Program Coordinator
Eileen Belton, Program Coordinator
Stacy Brady, Program Coordinator
John Effinger, Program Coordinator
Marty Exline, Director
Kristine Rooff, Administrative Assistant
Kristy Summers, Administrative Assistant
Brenda Whitlock, Program Coordinator
Services for Adults
- Maintains a listserv that focuses on disability related legislation in Missouri and provides brief summaries and updates on bills in the General Assembly dealing with a range of disability issues, including improving access to assistive technology devices and services.
- Assistive Products
- Operates the Equipment Technology Consortium (ETC) which is a short-term assistive technology equipment loan program for school districts and agencies in Missouri. Telecommunication Equipment Distribution for Telecommunications Access Program, including internet access equipment, telephone, wireless pilot, and iCanConnect for those who are Deaf and Blind. The TAP programs are for individuals of all ages.
- Financial Assistance
- Provides limited funding for assistive technology and some home access modifications for children under 21 years of age. Provides low-interest loans to eligible persons with disabilities in Missouri to purchase assistive technology.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Assists school districts in covering the costs of assuring students have the assistive technology they need in order to receive a free and appropriate education under IDEA. Provides training events on assistive technology, policies and related issues through direct sponsorship of training programs, coordination of training, and production and distribution of training materials.