Missouri Council of the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Missouri Council of the Blind
5453 Chippewa St.
St. Louis, MO 63109
(314) 832-7172 (Local)
(314) 832-7796 (Fax)
(800) 342-5632 (Toll-Free)
MCB has 20 affiliate branches providing support to visually impaired Missourians. MCB's programs include Special Services, Health Benefits, Adaptive Technology, Scholarships, Summer Camp, Legislative Training and Youth Services.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Clients served on average per year: 200
Number of staff: 3
Staff description: Executive Director, Administrative Assistant and Clerk
Geographic area served: State of Missouri
Publications: Missouri Chronicle is published quarterly in Large Print, Braille and Tape formats.
Virginia Drapkin, Administrative Assistant, (314) 832-7172 21, firstname.lastname@example.org
Christopher Gray, Executive Director, (314) 832-7172 25, Chris@moblind.org
Services for Adults
- Conducts complete optometric and ophthalmologic evaluation, low vision assessment, head trauma assessment, and special needs assessment.
- Assistive Products
- Distributes optical devices, low vision devices. Products for sale on site.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts vision screenings and lectures in the community and offers education programs.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- We offer assistive devices as indicated.
- Staff social workers available.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to community resources.
- Library Services
- Maintains vision science library for professionals and patients desiring access to holdings relevant to vision and eye conditions. Assistance available for visually impaired persons.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices. Provides low vision services for older adults with disabilities.
- Services for Seniors
- Offers low vision services for seniors.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training by independent contractors or by referral to appropriate agencies.
Services for Children
- Conducts visual assessment for infants.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Offers vision services for infants and children with special needs, including early intervention assessment and consultation with other professionals.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services for children of all ages.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to New York City Board of Education, CBVH, and other rehabilitation professionals and low vision specialists.