Missouri School for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Missouri School for the Blind
3815 Magnolia Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
(314) 776-4320 (Local)
(314) 776-1875 (Fax)
(800) 622-5672 (Toll-Free)
MSB is located in St. Louis, Missouri, and is operated by the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education. Enrollment is open to all legally blind youth ages 5-21 in the state. MSB offers the expanded core curriculum as well as clubs, sports, music, work experience, health and therapy services and residential services.
Hours of operation: 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Geographic area served: Missouri.
Barbara Beal, Director, Community Relations, (314) 776-4320 135
Patty Yocum, Superintendent, (314) 776-4320 111, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Provides functional vision assessment, orientation and mobility assessment, and other assessments on a direct service basis.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides outreach services in schools upon request.
- Provides counseling as needed.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living skills.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Provides early intervention services through local schools.
- Education Services
- Provides educational and vocational program, grades K-12, for children who are visually impaired, blind or deaf-blind
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers on- and off-campus jobs for students and supported work program.
- Offers health services on-site and in conjunction with local hospitals.
- Preschool Programs
- Offers home-based services through Parent Involvement Network.
- Recreation Services
- Offers sports programs.
- Support for Parents
- Provides direct in-home services.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Offers consultation services.
- Professional Training
- Offers Weekends with the Experts training program for all professionals working with children, youths and adults who are blind or visually impaired; in-site and VIISA training; teacher certification offerings in conjunction with the University of Missouri, St. Louis.