Montana Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services - AFB Directory Profile
Montana Vocational Rehabilitation and Blind Services
111 North Last Chance Gulch, Suite 4C
PO Box 4210
Helena, MT 59604
(406) 444-2590 (Local)
(406) 444-3632 (Fax)
(877) 296-1197 (Toll-Free)
(406) 444-2590 (TDD/TTY)
Blind and Low Vision Services Program provides a broad range of services through three programs to assist eligible individuals with visual disabilities in finding or maintaining employment and increasing independence. These programs are (1)Vocational Rehabilitation, (2)Visual Medical, and (3)Older Blind.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 1000
Number of staff: 18
Staff description: Program Administrator and Assistant plus 4 teams, each with 4 team members (counselor, program assistant, rehabilitation teacher, O&M specialist) and assistive technology specialist.
Geographic area served: Montana.
Publications: Step-by-Step (a pamphlet on sighted guide techniques)
201 First Street South
Great Falls, MT 59405
2121 Rosesbud Drive, Suite C
Billings, MT 59102
700 Casey Street
Butte, MT 59701
2675 Palmer, Suite A
Missoula, MT 59808
Melanie Beagle, Regional Manager, Butte Region, (406) 496-4925, firstname.lastname@example.org
Beverly Berg, Program Administrator, BLVS, (406) 444-2590, email@example.com
Bruce Breslauer, Regional Manager, (406) 454-6060, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dan Gray, Regional Manager, Billings Region, (406) 248-4801, email@example.com
Dalayna Hillis, Regional Manager, Missoula Region, (406) 329-5400, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Marks, Administrator, (406) 444-2590, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Provides counseling, home visits and social work services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Oversees provision of rehabilitation services and low vision services throughout the state. Has a counselor, rehabilitation teacher, orientation and mobility specialist, and program assistant in each of four areas covering the state. Provides independent living services for blind or low vision persons age 55 and older.
- Employment/Job Training
- Vocational Rehabilitation provides a broad range of services to assist eligible individuals with visual disabilities find or maintain employment.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to other programs.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision evaluations.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Support for Parents
- Offers family training and support.