Montgomery County Public Schools: Deaf and Hard of Hearing/Vision Program - AFB Directory Profile
Montgomery County Public Schools: Deaf and Hard of Hearing/Vision Program
Gaithersburg Middle School
Room 2 Teacher
Gaithersburg, MD 20877
(301) 670-2250 (Local)
(301) 670-2259 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Geographic area served: Montgomery County.
Marjorie Cernitz, Vision Specialist, (301) 670-2250, Margie_Cernitz@mcpsmd.org
Susan Russell, Supervisor, Hearing and Vision, (301) 670-2250, Susan_Russell@mcpsmd.org
Services for Children
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of CCTVs.
- Provides support for visually impaired public school students and their families.
- Education Services
- Provides services, itinerant teachers, educational materials to meet students' individual needs throughout Montgomery County.
- Preschool Programs
- Provides services for children 0-5 at home or in school. Operates one site in Kensington specifically for visually impaired children, ages 3-5.