National Industries for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
National Industries for the Blind
1310 Braddock Place
Alexandria, VA 22314-1691
(703) 310-0500 (Local)
(703) 310-0488 (Fax)
For 75 years, NIB has focused on enhancing the opportunities for economic and personal independence of people who are blind, primarily through creating, sustaining and improving employment. NIB and its nationwide network of more than 90 associated nonprofit agencies serve as the largest employer of people who are blind by the sale of SKILCRAFT® and other products and services through the AbilityOne Program. For more information on NIB and its 75th anniversary, visit www.nib75years.org.
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern
Clients served on average per year: 160,000 people who are blind receive rehabilitative services from NIB associated agencies
Number of staff: 160
Staff description: NIB staff work with more than 90 associated nonprofit agencies nationwide, which employ nearly 6,000 people who are blind
Geographic area served: Nationwide throughout United States
Publications: NIB Annual Report; Opportunity Magazine
Kevin Lynch, President and CEO, (703) 310-0500, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- NIB's associated nonprofit agencies nationwide offer rehabilitative services to more than 160,000 people who are blind.
- Employment/Job Training
- NIB's associated nonprofit agencies nationwide employ people who are blind in a variety of product and service areas. CareersWithVision is an online employment resource available to people who are blind and seeking employment at NIB associated nonprofit agencies. This search engine is a collaborative effort between NIB and AFB. Visit http://www.nib.org/careers-training/careerswithvision. NIB's Wounded Warrior Program offers training, job placement, career opportunities and guidance with transition to civilian life for veterans who are wounded with any type of injury, including those who are blind. NIB's Business Leaders Program provides training and on-the-job experience to encourage professional development and prepare individuals who are blind for rewarding, successful careers in business. NIB's Contract Management Support (CMS) Training Program assists in the development of high-growth career opportunities for people who are blind by providing high-level training in the field of contract management.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- NIB mentors and supports its associated nonprofit agencies through business development, program management and marketing and sales.
- Professional Training
- NIB's Business Leaders Program provides training and on-the-job experience to encourage professional development and prepare individuals who are blind for rewarding, successful careers in business. NIB's Contract Management Support (CMS) Training Program assists in the development of high-growth career opportunities for people who are blind by providing high-level training in the field of contract management.
Arizona Industries for the Blind
Associated Services for the Blind & Visually Impaired
Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired-Charleston
Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired-Goodwill Industries of Greater Rochester, Inc.
Association for Vision Rehabilitation and Employment, Inc.
Aurora of Central New York
Bestwork Industries for the Blind
Blind Center of Nevada
Blind Enterprises of Oregon
Blind Industries and Services of Maryland
Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Center for the Visually Impaired
Center for the Visually Impaired
Central Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Chester County Association for the Blind
Chicago Lighthouse for People Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
Cincinnati Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Cleveland Sight Center
Clovernook Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Columbia Lighthouse for the Blind
Earle Baum Center of the Blind
East Texas Lighthouse for the Blind | The Lighthouse
Ed Lindsey Industries for the Blind
El Paso Lighthouse for the Blind
Florida Center for the Blind
Georgia Industries for the Blind
Industries for the Blind
Industries of the Blind
Keystone Blind Association
LC Industries for the Blind
Lighthouse for the Blind of the Palm Beaches
Lighthouse for the Blind-St. Louis
Lighthouse for the Visually Impaired and Blind, Inc.
Lighthouse of Houston
Lions Center for the Blind
Lions Volunteer Blind Industries/Opportunity East
Louisiana Association for the Blind
Midwest Enterprises for the Blind
Mississippi Industries for the Blind
New Mexico Commission for the Blind
North Central Sight Services, Inc.
Northeastern Association of the Blind at Albany
Olmsted Center for Sight
RLCB, Inc (Formerly Raleigh Lions Clinic for the Blind)
San Antonio Lighthouse for the Blind
South Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Southern Arizona Association for the Visually Impaired (formerly DBA Tucson Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired)
Southern Tier Association for the Visually Impaired
Tampa Lighthouse for the Blind
The Lighthouse for the Blind, Inc.
the Seeing Hand Association, Inc.
Travis Association for the Blind
Utah Industries for the Blind
Vision Rehabilitation Services
VISIONS/Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired
Washington-Greene Association for the Blind
West Texas Lighthouse for the Blind
Westmoreland County Blind Association
Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind
Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind: Asheville Division