Nevada Blind Children's Foundation - AFB Directory Profile
Nevada Blind Children's Foundation
9330 W. Martin Avenue
Las Vegas, NV 89148
(702) 735-6223 (Local)
Hours of operation: Monday - Friday 10a.m. - 7p.m.
Number of staff: 3
Geographic area served: Nevada Blind Children's Foundation serves visually impaired children in Southern Nevada.
Publications: Insights monthly e-newsletter & monthly Program Updates email.
Leslie Jones, Development Director, (702) 735-6223, email@example.com
Briana Myers, Program Director, (702) 735-6223, firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Smith, CEO, (702) 735-6223, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Community Outreach Programs
- Sponsorship and participation in programs and activities in the community to reach out and assist children and their families
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Technology club for middle and high school students.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Infant and Toddler services are provided at NBCF. During these sessions, families learn how to play with and enjoy their children by modeling activities done by licensed professionals. Activities include music, sensory playgroups, stories, verbal and motor development.
- Education Services
- Provides blind-specific technology and tutoring for all school-aged children. This program is overseen by a Nevada State licensed teacher of Visually Impaired students.
- Information and Referral
- Resource Library
- Recreation Services
- NBCF provides a variety of recreation classes and programs including: Scouting, Beep Baseball & Kickball, Adaptive Sports, Art, STEAM, Fun Friday's, and so much more.
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- NBCF offers three weeks of Discovery Day Camp featuring hands-on activities, adaptive sports, field trips, and special leadership opportunities for the teens. Camp is held the week of Spring Break and two additional weeks in June each year.
- Support for Parents
- Monthly support meetings.
- Support Groups
- Facebook Group NBCF