New Jersey Department of Education: Office of Special Education Programs - AFB Directory Profile
New Jersey Department of Education: Office of Special Education Programs
P.O. Box 500
Trenton, NJ 08625-0500
(609) 292-4469 (Local)
(609) 984-8422 (Fax)
(609) 984-8432 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Geographic area served: New Jersey.
Barbara Gantwerk, Assistant Commisioner, Student Services, (609) 292-0147, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Education Services
- Implements state and federal laws and regulations governing special education to ensure that pupils with disabilities in New Jersey receive full educational opportunities.
- Support for Parents
- Offers training and assistance to families of students with disabilities regarding specific issues of special education.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Oversees special education programs in local school districts and provides consultation/technical assistance to school personnel and families. Implements a preschool consultant system that provides technical assistance and training in issues related to preschool education of students with disabilities.
- Professional Training
- Provides a variety of professional training related to the provision of special and related services.