New York City Public Schools, District 75: Educational Vision Services - AFB Directory Profile
New York City Public Schools, District 75: Educational Vision Services
400 First Avenue
New York, NY 10010
(917) 256-4259 (Local)
(917) 256-4230 (Fax)
Hours of operation: New York City school day.
Geographic area served: New York City.
Laurence Gardner, Director, Educational Vision Services, (917) 256-4259, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Conducts formal evaluation by Hearing Handicapped/Visually Impaired (HHVI), a committee on special education.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Provides instruction in braille. Participates in District 75 literacy program.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of azssistive technology.
- Provides counseling by school guidance counselors, school social workers, and/or school psychologists in compliance with student individualized education programs.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides vision-related services and specialized vision education classes.
- Education Services
- Provides specialized services for students who are blind and visually impaired, in preparation for independent functioning in school and the larger community.
- Employment/Job Training
- Participates in after-school work program and summer youth employment program.
- Support for Parents
- Provides parent advocacy and support for parents of visually impaired children through Educational Vision Services Parent Advocates (EVSPA).
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Participates in District 75 staff development programs.