North Carolina Lions Foundation - AFB Directory Profile
North Carolina Lions Foundation
Camp Dogwood Drive
Sherrills Ford, NC 28673-0039
(828) 478-2135 (Local)
(800) 662-7401 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Steve Walker, Executive Director, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Provides canes, free of charge, to any blind or visually impaired individual in North Carolina upon their request.
- Financial Assistance
- Grants up to $1,500 per year are available to sighted children of Blind or Visually Impaired parent(s). Grants will be awarded based on the economic need of the family and the scholastic record and character of the applicant.
- Recreation Services
- Operates Camp Dogwood, specifically for blind and visually impaired adults, with a few separate sessions for youth programs. Offers twelve 6-day sessions per summer.
Services for Children
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Offers a one week for children/youth ages 8 – 17.