Oklahoma School for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Oklahoma School for the Blind
3300 Gibson Street
Muskogee, OK 74403
(918) 781-8200 (Local)
(918) 781-8300 (Fax)
(877) 229-7136 (Toll-Free)
Also known as Parkview School.
Hours of operation: 24 hours a day
Geographic area served: Oklahoma.
James Adams, Superintendent, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherry Holder, Outreach Coordinator, email@example.com
Michelle Rogers, Preschool, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carolyn Sheppard, Elementary Principal, email@example.com
Susan Young, Teacher/Coordinator, Marketing Education
Services for Children
- The Department of Assessment and Related Services provides related services to students at O.S.B. and to students throughout the state of Oklahoma via the Outreach Department.
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Outreach coordinators travel around the state to assist families, public school staff and other organizations having contact with children with visual impairments. Resources, suggestions, consultation and supportive services are available upon request.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides instruction in independent living skills, assistive technology devices, social skills, tactile graphic skills.
- Education Services
- Offers academic programs from preschool through 12th grade, using an individual and prescriptive approach with accreditation comparable to a public school. Provides training in the use of technology.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers off-campus jobs, work-study jobs on campus, vocational training.
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Offers after-school programs, adapted physical education.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- In-service training provided during school year. Offers Internship/fieldwork placement in special education, regular in-service training programs, short-term or summer training.