Pacific University College of Optometry - AFB Directory Profile
Pacific University College of Optometry
Forest Grove Family Vision Center
2043 College Way
Forest Grove, OR 97116
(503) 352-2020 (Local)
(503) 352-2929 (Fax)
(877) 722-8648 2202 (Toll-Free)
At Pacific University's Low Vision Service the examinations are tailored to the patients' needs and desires. Individuals who have lost the ability to perform various tasks of daily living as a result of permanent uncorrectable vision are often faced with a loss of independence and a sense of frustration. The primary goal of our Low Vision Service is to enable these individuals to achieve maximum use of their remaining vision while maintaining as independent a life style as possible. Through an examination of the patient's remaining vision, various optical and non-optical devices and techniques to assist in these daily living skills are evaluated. These devices can range in complexity from various lighting and marking tools, to a full array of hand-held or head-borne optical devices, to highly sophisticated electronic devices.
Hours of operation: Tues.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM; Low Vision Clinic hours vary.
Staff description: Optometrist; optician.
Geographic area served: Unlimited.
Lion's Low Vision Clinic at the Washington State School for the Blind
2214 East 13th Street
Vancouver, WA 98661
Pacific University College of Optometry; Portland Vision Center
511 SW 10th Avenue, Suite 500
Portland, OR 97205
Christi Closson, OD, Chief, Low Vision Services, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Sells various low vision devices only after low vision evaluation. Products for sale on site.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of CCTVs.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
Services for Children
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Operates a pediatric clinic to provide early intervention services.
- Offers eye health services.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides individual consultations as a result of low vision evaluations.