Penn Center for Low Vision Rehabilitation and Research - AFB Directory Profile
Penn Center for Low Vision Rehabilitation and Research
Scheie Eye Institute, Department of Ophthalmology
University of Pennsylvania Health System
Ralston House, Room 141
3615 Chestnut Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104
(215) 662-2600 (Local)
(215) 662-3600 (Fax)
The Penn Center for Low Vision Rehabilitation and Research is affiliated with the Ralston Center for Geriatric Medicine. It is a state-of-the-art facility that combines the skills of ophthalmology, optometry and occupational therapy to make the most of vision that cannot be restored further through medical or surgical means.
Hours of operation: Mon., Wed., Thurs. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Unlimited.
Dawn Ciccarone, Occupational Therapist
Mary Eisenberg, Low Vision Ophthalmic Assistant
Anne Marie Otto, Office Manager
Ranjoo Prasad, Optometrist, Low Vision Rehabilitation
Janet Steinberg, Director, Low Vision Research and Rehabilitation Center
Jeffrey Wick, Ophthalmologist
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Offers social services, psychiatry. Social worker available.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in orientation and mobility and offers occupational therapy.
- Information and Referral
- Provides consultation and referrals for geriatric medicine, geriatric psychiatry, and social services.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.