Pennsylvania Association for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Pennsylvania Association for the Blind
555 Gettysburg Pike
Mechanicsburg, PA 17055
(717) 766-2020 (Local)
(717) 766-2099 (Fax)
The Pennsylvania Association for the Blind (PAB), through its network of 29 member agencies, provides innovative services for people of all ages who have a wide range of vision impairments from low vision to total blindness.
Hours of operation: Mon. - Fri. 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM.
Geographic area served: Entire Commonwealth of PA
Bonnie Frey, Director of Services, email@example.com
Katie Schock, Director of Public Relations, (717) 766-2020, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elaine Welch, CEO/President, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Accepts any form of literature, document or business material for Braille Embossing. Please call PAB for a free price quote. All documents, and materials must be in MS Word/Office Format.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Conducts vision screening on location at schools, community. Has eye health and safety programs. Deploys field staff, as needed, to reach into rural counties of low population density.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers assistive technology training.
- Sight Loss Support Groups; individual counseling
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides home services and individualized instruction in daily living skills, home and health management, and communications skills
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides employment, training, education and social/supportive services.
- In-Home Services
- Offers family/caregiver services.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to aging programs.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers low vision services.
- Reading Services
- Offers radio reading programs.
- Recreation Services
- Provides educational and recreational programs.
- Support Groups
- Offers social and recreational activities.
- Transportation Services
- Provides escorted transportation to medical facilities, banks, grocery stores and social agencies.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers programs prepare students and their parents for the future by teaching them new skills to help them transition onto higher education or seek competitive employment. See PAB’s Upcoming Events to get more information on our STEP Program – Student Transition to Employment/Education Preparation.
- Pre-school Vision Screenings.
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Camps are offered to children who are blind or visually impaired across the state of Pennsylvania. Camps teach parents and children how to reach new levels of independence
Beaver County Association for the Blind
Blind Association of Butler and Armstrong Counties
Bucks County Association for the Blind & Visually Impaired
Cambria County Association for the Blind and Handicapped
Central Susquehanna Sight Services
Community Services for Sight
Fayette County Association for the Blind
Greater Wilkes-Barre Association for the Blind
Lackawanna County Association for the Blind
Montgomery County Association for the Blind
Sight Center of Northwest PA
South Central Blind Association
Venango County Association for the Blind
Vision Resource Center of Berks County
Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania