Peoria Area Blind People's Center - AFB Directory Profile
Peoria Area Blind People's Center
2905 West Garden Street
Peoria, IL 61605
(309) 637-3693 (Local)
Hours of operation: Tuesdays 9-3 1st & 3rd Wednesdays 9-3/ 2nd & 4th Wednesdays 2-8pm
Thursdays noon -4pm
Staff description: 1 part-time. Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: 40-mile radius of Peoria County courthouse.
Publications: Newsletter (monthly).
Carolyn McCarter, Office Manager, (309) 637-3693, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Sells braille, large-print materials. Products for sale on site.
- Assesses needs and offers individual and family counseling, support network, peer counseling, information and referral service to other agencies.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides referral services and consultation to other agencies and volunteer opportunities for clients.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services to individuals and other agencies.