Philomatheon Society of the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Philomatheon Society of the Blind
2701 W. Tuscarawas Street
Canton, OH 44708
(330) 453-9157 (Local)
(330) 453-9157 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00am - 3:00pm
Number of staff: 3
Staff description: Office Secretary, President, Craft coordinator
Geographic area served: Stark County Sub Lending Agency for Talking Book Program serving:Stark, Harrison, Tusc, Carroll and Holmes Counties.
David Miller, President
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Sells low vision devices, canes. Products for sale on site.
- Library Services
- Acts as a sub-lending agency of the government Talking Book program.
- Low Vision Services
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Recreation Services
- Offers activity classes on Thursdays, 12:00 PM-2:00 PM.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille classes.