Prevent Blindness - AFB Directory Profile
211 West Wacker Drive, #1700
Chicago, IL 60606
(312) 363-6001 (Local)
(312) 363-6052 (Fax)
(800) 331-2020 (Toll-Free)
Founded in 1908, PBA is the nation's leading volunteer eye health and safety organization dedicated to fighting blindness and saving sight. Focused on promoting a continuum of vision care, PBA touches the lives of millions of people each year through public and professional education, certified vision screening training, community and patient service programs and research. These services are made possible through the generous support of the American public. Together with a network of affiliates, divisions, and chapters, PBA is committed to eliminating preventable blindness in America. For more information, or to make a contribution to the sight-saving fund, call 1-800-331-2020 or visit us on the web at www.preventblindness.org.
Hours of operation: 8:30 AM-5:00 PM (Central Time).
Clients served on average per year: 2.3 million people screened throughout 23 states. Thousands served through PBA Hotline.
Geographic area served: United States.
Publications: PB News (3 times a year), Vision Problems in the U.S., full print and online catalog of brochures.
Kara Baldonado, Director, National Center for Children's Vision & Eye Health, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathy Nelson, VP, Field Operations, email@example.com
Hugh Parry, President and CEO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Jeff Todd, Chief Operating Officer, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Offers vision screenings for adults threatened by glaucoma and other serious vision problems.
- Assistive Products
- Eye health and safety materials available. Products for sale via mail order catalog (800-331-2020) or on-line.
- Information and Referral
- PBA Vision Health Resource Center at 1-800-331-2020 provides information about eye health and safety, free of charge. Includes information on glaucoma, cataracts, AMD and diabetic retinopathy.
Services for Children
- Offers vision screening programs for children.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Provides certified vision screening training to volunteers and professionals.
Prevent Blindness America: Northeast Region
Prevent Blindness Georgia
Prevent Blindness Indiana
Prevent Blindness Iowa
Prevent Blindness Kentucky
Prevent Blindness Mid-Atlantic
Prevent Blindness Nebraska
Prevent Blindness North Carolina
Prevent Blindness Northern California
Prevent Blindness Ohio
Prevent Blindness Oklahoma
Prevent Blindness Tennessee
Prevent Blindness Texas
Prevent Blindness Wisconsin