Prevent Blindness Mid-Atlantic - AFB Directory Profile
Prevent Blindness Mid-Atlantic
The Edward H. Titmus Center for Sight
11618 Busy Street
Richmond, VA 23236
(804) 423-2020 (Local)
(804) 423-5409 (Fax)
(888) 790-2020 (Toll-Free)
Prevent Blindness Mid-Atlantic (formerly Prevent Blindness Virginia) is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded in 1957 as the local affiliate of Prevent Blindness America. Prevent Blindness Mid-Atlantic is the only local nationally affiliated, volunteer based, region wide organization whose sole purpose is to prevent blindness and preserve sight. Prevent Blindness Mid-Atlantic offers programs and services to both children and adults with the emphasis on early detection and early prevention. The primary means of accomplishing our mission since 1957 are through vision screenings, education and public information.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 2,000,000
Number of staff: 10
Geographic area served: Virginia, Maryland, Washington DC
Timothy Gresham, President and CEO, email@example.com
Alison Markow, Children's Vision Screening, firstname.lastname@example.org
Robin Mead, Vice President/Development, email@example.com
Melissa Perry, Program Director/Public Relations, firstname.lastname@example.org
Martha Telford, Pre-School Vision, (804) 423-2020 20, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Low Vision Services
- Facilitates EYEWATCH, a support group for seniors with low vision
- Support Groups
- Has a support group for seniors living with low vision.
Services for Children
- Community Outreach Programs
- Identifies children in service area who may have vision problems, place them within healthcare system and provide assistance at no charge.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information about eye disease, eye health, and eye safety free of charge.
- Support for Parents
- Facilitates use of voucher program in which Virginia's uninsured and medically underserved children receive eye exams and eyeglasses free.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers workshops to train school nurses, volunteers, Lions Clubs to conduct vision screenings.