Radio Reading Service GW - AFB Directory Profile
Radio Reading Service GW
285 Dorset Street
Springfield, MA 01108
(413) 747-7337 (Local)
(413) 736-7282 (Fax)
A business service unit of Goodwill Industries.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Geographic area served: Hampden, Hampshire, Franklin Counties.
Kevin Durocher, Director, (413) 747-7337, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides speakers for low vision and other relevant groups to apprise of details of radio reading services in community. Dispenses pamphlets in public areas.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals to community health resources for people who are blind or visually impaired.
- Reading Services
- Broadcasts selections from newspapers, books, magazines over radio receivers for the blind. Publications include the Springfield Republican Greenfield Record, West Springfield Record, Journal Register, Agawam Advertiser and much more
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides pre-tuned receiver in school classroom upon request of teacher.