Resource Center for Independent Living - AFB Directory Profile
Resource Center for Independent Living
Osage City, KS 66523
(785) 528-3105 (Local)
(785) 528-3665 (Fax)
(785) 528-3106 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: 8:00am-4:00pm Monday-Friday
Geographic area served: 23 counties in the state of Kansas
Amanda Smith, Certified Orientation and Mobility Specialist, (785) 528-3105, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- This is one of our core services. We work with people of any age and any disability in 15 counties. We also cover 23 counties for the older blind program.
- Assistive Products
- Low tech items
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Offers braille transcription and production.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in assistive technology for people who are for blind or who have low vision.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Teaches IL skills
- Information and Referral
- One of our core services offered to all persons with a disability
- Low Vision Services
- Work with people with vision loss to allow them to be as independent as possible
- Support Groups
- Friends groups for persons with disabilities Visually Impaired Persons groups for those with vision loss
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M training.