Richard E. Hoover Rehabilitation Services for Low Vision and Blindness - AFB Directory Profile
Richard E. Hoover Rehabilitation Services for Low Vision and Blindness
Greater Baltimore Medical Center
6569 North Charles Street
Physicians Pavilion West Suite 305
Baltimore, MD 21204
(443) 849-2658 (Local)
(443) 849-2631 (Fax)
(800) 597-9142 (Toll-Free)
Monthly visits to Retina Specialists offices in Salisbury, Annapolis, Frederick and Easton.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 500
Number of staff: 4+
Staff description: Ophthalmologist, ophthalmology residents, certified low vision therapist, rehabilitation teachers, O&M specialists.
Geographic area served: Baltimore (main office), with satellites in Frederick, Salisbury, Annapolis, and Easton, Maryland.
Publications: Our Vision (quarterly newsletter).
Trenitta Brady, Manager, (443) 849-2658, firstname.lastname@example.org
Erin Milburn, Staff Assistant, Hoover VIEW, (443) 849-2603, emilburn@GBMC.org
James Stephens, Certified Low Vision Therapist, (443) 849-8098, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Sells low vision devices such as magnifiers and telescopes (upon evaluation). The Hoover VIEW offers one-stop shopping for nonoptical devices such as writing guides, talking watches, pens, as well as a technology demonstration center offering public access to the latest electronic magnifiers. Products for sale on site.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in patient's environment by professionals certified in rehabilitation and orientation and mobility.
- In-Home Services
- Provides in-home functional evaluations which may include training in activities of daily living, lighting, safety, O&M as well as work-evaluations.
- Low Vision Services
- Performs low vision evaluations at Greater Baltimore Medical Center and 4 satellite offices throughout the state of Maryland.
- Support Groups
- Holds monthly share group meetings.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Offers ophthalmology resident training in low vision.