RP International - AFB Directory Profile
P.O. Box 900
(818) 992-0500 (Local)
(818) 992-3265 (Fax)
RP International provides information, counseling, visual aids, and research funds for a range of degenerative retinal diseases, including retinitis pigmentosa, macular degeneration, and Usher's Syndrome.
Helen Harris, President
Services for Adults
- Distributes specially formatted audiodescribed films through select neighborhood theaters, as well as through libraries, charitable organizations, special screenings, and schools for the blind. Provides audio-oriented, "visually challenged" versions of media ranging from cards to books.
- Provides counseling and comfort to people with retinitis pigmentosa and their families.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides mobility training.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers facilities for demonstrating the latest in visual aids for the partially sighted.