Saint Lucy Day School for Children with Visual Impairments - AFB Directory Profile
Saint Lucy Day School for Children with Visual Impairments
4251 L Street
Philadelphia, PA 19124
(215) 289-4220 (Local)
(215) 289-4229 (Fax)
Saint Lucy Day School for Children with Visual Impairments is a Catholic school that provides spiritual and academic instruction, as well as training in all areas of the expanded core curriculum; thus, preparing students for the challenge of life and the pursuit of higher education. Students are encouraged to strive for and realize their greatest potential so that they may fulfill their responsibility to serve God and others.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-3:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 30
Number of staff: 10
Staff description: 8 full-time, 3 part-time. Uses volunteers for some braille transcription and library work, and as teachers' aides.
Geographic area served: Philadelphia, Delaware, Montgomery, and Chester Counties.
Kathleen Cleaver, Functional Academics K, (215) 289-4220
Katharine Davis, TVI, Grades 5 through 8, (215) 289-4220
Meg Dillon, Grades 2 - 3, (215) 289-4220
Christine Geiger, TVI Early Childhood Educator, (215) 289-4220
Sister Elaine George, IHM, Materials Management, (215) 289-4220
Sister Lisa Lettiere, Principal, (215) 289-4220
Kay Solliday, TVI, Grade 4, (215) 289-4220
Services for Children
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Provides training in the use of all forms of adaptive technology.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in daily living and communication skills and remedial education.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Provides on-site or home visitation for children from birth to 3 years of age.
- Education Services
- Offers programs for preschool, kindergarten through eighth grade.
- Preschool Programs
- Provides preschool services for children ages 2 1/2-5 years.
- Recreation Services
- Arts and crafts, summer day camps available.
- Support Groups
- Has a support groups for families of blind or visually impaired students.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.