Seedlings Braille Books for Children - AFB Directory Profile
Seedlings Braille Books for Children
14151 Farmington Road
Livonia, MI 48154-4522
(734) 427-8552 (Local)
(734) 427-8552 (Fax)
(800) 777-8552 (Toll-Free)
Seedlings also runs "The Rose Project" for school-age children which enables them to obtain free World Book Encyclopedia articles in braille by calling 800-777-8552 or by visiting www.seedlings.org
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. Visitors may purchase books on site. Phone and fax available 24/7.
Number of staff: 8
Staff description: 1 fulltime, 7 part-time staff. Many dedicated volunteers.
Geographic area served: United States, Canada, and foreign countries with English braille readers.
Publications: Print-Braille-&-Picture books for toddlers and preschoolers. Print-and-Braille easy-readers for beginning readers. "Braille-Only" fiction, non-fiction, and poetry for more independent readers.
Debra Bonde, Director, (800) 777-8552 300, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Produces over 1,300 low-cost children's books in braille, including Print-Braille-&-Picture Books for toddlers to best-selling novels for young adults. Many of the titles are now in UEB. Provides encyclopedia articles in braille for visually impaired students in grades 1-12.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Produces and provides braille books at each level of development, from toddler board books (Print, Braille & Picture books) to classic literature for older children (Print & Braille, and Braille only). We offer books in both contracted and uncontracted braille.
- Community Outreach Programs
- See Programs for free Seedlings Books, and World Book Encyclopedia articles. All VI children in the US & Canada can apply for 3 free books per year through Seedlings' Book Angel Program. Info is available online at: www.seedlings.org/special.php