South Carolina Department of Education: Office of Exceptional Children - AFB Directory Profile
South Carolina Department of Education: Office of Exceptional Children
Rutledge Office Building
1429 Senate Street
Columbia, SC 29201
(803) 734-8222 (Local)
(803) 734-4605 (Fax)
(803) 734-8408 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-5:00 PM.
Staff description: 1 full-time for blind and visually impaired children.
Geographic area served: South Carolina.
Susan DuRant, Director, (803) 734-8806, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Children
- Education Services
- Ensures that all children with disabilities in the state have available a free and appropriate public education, protects the rights of these children and their parents, and provides leadership to school districts and state-operated programs in the provision of appropriate special educational services. Provides information on educational services for children with visual disabilities and consultations to public schools.
- Preschool Programs
- Offers a program for 3 year olds.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides technical assistance to teachers of visually impaired children.
- Professional Training
- Provides staff development programs for teachers.