Southeast Ohio Sight Center - AFB Directory Profile
Southeast Ohio Sight Center
358 Lincoln Avenue
Lancaster, OH 43130
(740) 687-4785 (Local)
(614) 689-9753 (Fax)
(800) 969-3490 (Toll-Free)
The Southeast Ohio Sight Center provides the visually impaired with a better quality of life through outreach and direct services assisting the community at large. Cultivating hope, the Southeast Ohio Sight Center advocates change with rehabilitative help while fostering independence and nurturing healing – striving towards a common goal.
Current staff includes a certified rehabilitation teacher, nurse, administrative assistant, and social worker.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-4:00 PM and by appointment.
Clients served on average per year: 400
Number of staff: 5
Staff description: 3 full-time, 2 part-time. Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: Southeastern Ohio.
Publications: Quarterly newsletter. Monthly calendar of events.
Susan Thogmartin, Executive Director, sthogmartin@SEOhioSightCenter.org
Services for Adults
- Offers adult and preschool vision screenings.
- Assistive Products
- Distributes ultraviolet shields, magnifiers, kitchen aids, and other adaptive equipment. Products for sale on site.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides rehabilitation teaching in clients' homes.
- Financial Assistance
- Provides referrals for financial assistance with cost of visual medical care.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information on prevention and sight conservation.
- Library Services
- Functions as a Talking Books service agency.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Distributes closed-circuit televisions (CCTVs), magnifiers, home and kitchen adaptive equipment.
- Services for Seniors
- Offers a comprehensive array of services to assist seniors living independently or with families. Also serves those who reside in assisted living facillities. Limited services available for persons living in nursing homes.
Services for Children
- Offers vision screenings for preschool-age children.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Provides staff in-services training.