Low Vision Rehabilitation Service of the University Eye Center at Ketchum Health- Southern California College of Optometry (SCCO) - AFB Directory Profile
Low Vision Rehabilitation Service of the University Eye Center at Ketchum Health- Southern California College of Optometry (SCCO)
5460 E. La Palma Ave.
Anaheim, CA 92807
(714) 992-7890 (Local)
(714) 992-7863 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon. 9:00 AM-1:00 PM; Tues. 9:00 AM-6:00 PM; Wed. 11:00 AM-3:00 PM; Thurs. 10:00 AM-2:00 PM. Fri. 8:00 AM-12:00 PM
Connie Phung, Administrative Assistant
Patrick Yoshinaga, Chief of Low Vision Services
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY CENTER We have a wide array of devices and provide training in our adaptive technology center. This includes technology for the home and workplace, technology to use on the go and technology for school. SPECIALIZED ADAPTIVE TECHNOLOGY • Handheld video magnifiers • Desktop video magnifiers (closed circuit TVs) • Adaptive computer hardware and software • Optical character recognition technology • The latest tablet and smartphone technology • Voice-In/Voice-Out technology, including the latest in computerized glasses
- Assists people with low vision and their families in understanding the eye/vision disorder, how it affects vision, and the ability to perform everyday activities.
- Low Vision Services
- Low Vision Examination • Case history and establishment of visual goals • Evaluation of vision rehabilitation potential • Response to magnification including: hand and stand magnifiers, telescopes, glasses and non-optical aids for daily living • Assessment of field of vision • Contrast, glare and lighting evaluation • Adaptive technology evaluation Referrals and reports can be provided regarding concerns with mobility, activities of daily living, safety, support groups, counseling, driving programs and DMV licensing.
- Services for Seniors
- To provide a thorough optometric low vision evaluation with the end goals of providing optical devices and services and/or referrals for comprehensive rehabilitation and to improve independence and patient quality of life.