Southern Illinois University: Disability Support Services - AFB Directory Profile
Southern Illinois University: Disability Support Services
Woody Hall B150
Carbondale, IL 62901-4705
(618) 453-5738 (Local)
(618) 453-5700 (Fax)
(618) 453-2292 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Primarily southern Illinois.
Kathleen Plesko, Director, kplesko@SIU.edu
Sandy Samples, Services Coordinator
Services for Adults
- Assesses students with visual impairment at intake for special needs.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Educational materials as required by Southern Illinois University for its blind or visually impaired students. On-demand services of various content and types available to the general public.
- Offers support services for blind or visually impaired university students.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Works with newly blind students to orient them regarding locations of classrooms and other facilities.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to outside agencies assisting blind or visually impaired persons.