Southwest Alabama Regional School for the Deaf and Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Southwest Alabama Regional School for the Deaf and Blind
3980 Burma Road
Mobile, AL 36693-4522
(251) 221-5454 (Local)
(251) 221-5455 (Fax)
(251) 221-5454 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 7:30 AM-3:30 PM.
Staff description: Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: Mobile County public schools. Baldwin, Clarke, Escambia, Washington Counties in southwest Alabama.
Mary Lou Casey, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille instruction.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of assitive devices.
- Offers social evaluation, psychological testing and evaluation, placement in school, training. Has counselor on staff.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living, gesticulation, handwriting, typing, video magnifier, home management, remedial education, sensory training.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Offers services for children from birth to 5 as referred by state plan.
- Education Services
- Provides instruction for Grades K through 12 and offers programs for college preparatory, general academic, and remedial education. Provides some home-based student services. Accepts students who are deaf-blind, emotionally disturbed, and learning disabled.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers prevocational evaluations, career and skill counseling. Contracts for other employment services. Provides consultation to other agencies.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral to other services.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation to other agencies.
- Professional Training
- Offers regular in-service training programs; open to enrollment from other agencies.