TASH - AFB Directory Profile
1001 Connecticut Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 540-9020 (Local)
(202) 540-9019 (Fax)
TASH is an international membership association leading the way to inclusive communities through research, education, and advocacy. TASH's government affairs department advocates with legislatures in the interest of individuals with many types of disability.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Staff description: Volunteer board and state chapters in addition to staff.
Geographic area served: International.
Publications: Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities (quarterly), TASH Connections.
Barbara Trader, Executive Director, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Advocates to promote the full inclusion and participation of children and adults with significant disabilities in every aspect of their community, and to eliminate the social injustices that diminish human rights.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides numerous speakers and presenters to address annual conference on all facets of disability.
- Information and Referral
- Refers to a wide variety of resources for severely handicapped persons including appropriate educational facilities for specific disabilities. Refers for community living resources for disabled.
Services for Professionals
- Professional Training
- Provides facility for professionals to gain continuing education credits in the field of disabilities of many types.