TCRC Sight Center - AFB Directory Profile
TCRC Sight Center
Morton, IL 61550
(309) 698-4001 (Local)
(309) 698-9337 (Fax)
The TCRC Sight Center provides unique services for people who are blind or visually impaired in central Illinois that can help maintain independence and self-sufficiency.
Hours of operation: Mon.- Thurs. 8:30 AM-5:00 PM; Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Number of staff: 8
Staff description: Optometrists, RNs, Education Coordinator, O&M Specialist; Technology Specialist and Assistant; Rehabilitation Trainer. Uses volunteers.
Geographic area served: All of central Illinois without geographic restriction
Jamie Durdel, President and CEO
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Offers household and health products. Products for sale on site.
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Local utility statements.
- Offers referrals and support for individuals who are visually impaired and their families. Provides educational presentations.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in activities of daily living.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides assessment, diagnosis, and prescriptions. Provides training in the use of optical devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.