Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services: Division for Early Childhood Intervention Services - AFB Directory Profile
Texas Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services: Division for Early Childhood Intervention Services
4900 North Lamar Boulevard
Austin, TX 78751
(512) 424-6754 (Local)
(512) 424-6833 (Fax)
(800) 628-5115 (Toll-Free)
(512) 424-6770 (TDD/TTY)
Hours of operation: Varies with local program.
Geographic area served: Texas.
Kim Wedel, Assistant Commissioner, (512) 424-6751, email@example.com
Services for Children
- Offers assessments for developmental delays of children from birth to age three. Assessment information is used to plan services.
- Provides counseling in accordance with Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Part C.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Lead agency for Texas's early intervention system as required under Part C of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA).
- Provides health evaluations and services accordance with IDEA, Part C.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up.
- Support for Parents
- Offers counseling and other support for parents.