Therapeutic Living Centers for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Therapeutic Living Centers for the Blind
7915 Lindley Avenue
Reseda, CA 91335
(818) 708-1740 (Local)
(818) 708-7899 (Fax)
Therapeutic Living Centers for the Blind (TLC) is a not-for-profit agency providing programs and services for individuals who have multiple disabilities, including blindness.
Hours of operation: TLC's residential program provides services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The day program operates between 9 AM-3:30 PM. Afterschool hours are 2:00 PM-6:30 PM and the Saturday program runs from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 175
Number of staff: 130
Geographic area served: TLC provides services for all California residents.
Publications: The "Communique" is available by request and online at www.tlc4blind.org. "New Visions" is available upon request.
Joanne Abruzzese, Residential Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhonda Bunnin, Director, Adult Day Programs, email@example.com
Michelle Jenks, Associate Director
Sheri Lewis, Director, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cyndi McAuley, Executive Director, email@example.com
Gail Peters, Director of Communications and Development, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cristina Preuss, Director, Children's Programs, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Offers Individual Program Planning that involves an assessment and goal-setting process by an Interdisciplinary Team (ID Team) within a person-centered approach.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in such areas as computers, daily living skills, gardening, music, vocational skills, and communication.
- In-Home Services
- TLC's twelve community homes provide comfortable, friendly and family environments with staff supervision. It is perfect for men and women over the age of 21 who have visual impairments and multiple disabilities and who would like to live with others while receiving ongoing support in many areas of daily living. Homes are immaculately maintained and range from 6 to 12 residents, with most having one roommate each. Living arrangements are determined by many factors such as an individual's level of social activity, independent living capabilities and home capacity. Our residential community homes, supervised by a live-in care provider, and staffed around the clock 24/7, are designed to be long-term living arrangements.
- Recreation Services
- Recreation services are integral to all of TLC's programs and include art, music, swimming, horseback riding, and community-based activities.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- TLC has a team of staff including Early Interventionist's, Physical Therapist's, Occupational Therapist's, Speech and Language Pathologist's and Vision Impairment and Orientation and Mobility Specialist's that can conduct assessments and evaluations for children with special needs from birth to three years of age.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- TLC Early Intervention Program provides services in the home and community to children birth to three years of age with developmental disabilities and visual impariments. Family Groups are held twice per month, a Parent Support Group, and weekly swimming throughout the summer. All of these services are no charge to the families.
- Education Services
- Early Intervention Program for children 0-3 Home based program serving San Fernando Valley, Simi Valley, Santa Clarita, Antelope Valley, San Gabriel Valley, Ventura County and Los Angeles County. We cover a 50 mile radius from Reseda. Children's After School Program for children 5-17. In addition we offer a full day program during pre-scheduled breaks:spring, summer and winter breaks. We follow the LAUSD and Private School calendar.