Travis Association for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Travis Association for the Blind
2307 Business Center Drive
Austin, TX 78744
(512) 442-2329 (Local)
(512) 442-5498 (Fax)
The mission of the Travis Association for the Blind, otherwise known as the Austin Lighthouse, is to assist people who are blind or vision impaired to attain the skills they need to become gainfully employed in the community. It supplies various products to thousands of customers nationwide.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Staff description: 14 full time; 1 part time.
Geographic area served: Austin area.
Jerry Mayfield, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Distributes braille paper, canes, and low vision devices.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Teach computer to blind and vision impaired persons in the Austin community.
- Employment/Job Training
- Provides prevocational evaluation, job retention, job retraining, sheltered workshops.
- Low Vision Services
- Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers braille classes.