University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics: Vision Rehabilitation Service - AFB Directory Profile
University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics: Vision Rehabilitation Service
200 Hawkins Drive, 11190A PFP
University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Iowa City, IA 52242-1091
(319) 356-8301 (Local)
(319) 353-7699 (Fax)
(800) 777-8442 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Clients served on average per year: 1800
Number of staff: 2 primary, others available noted below
Staff description: Optometrist, low vision assistant, ophthalmologist, ophthalmology resident, optician, social worker, genetic counselor.
Geographic area served: Unlimited.
Mark Wilkinson, Director, Vision Rehabilitation Service, (319) 356-8301, email@example.com
Darcy Wolf, Vision Rehabilitation Educator/Vision Rehabilitation Service, (319) 356-8301, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Distributes electronic, optical and nonoptical low vision devices. Products for sale on site.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides comprehensive low vision rehabilitation services and training in activities of daily living.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Services for Seniors
- Provides comprehensive vision rehabilitation and counseling to any individual, regardless of age or other handicapping conditions, with a visual impairment.