University of Kentucky: Deaf-Blind Project - AFB Directory Profile
University of Kentucky: Deaf-Blind Project
229 Taylor Education Building
University of Kentucky
Lexington, KY 40506
(859) 257-3730 (Local)
(859) 257-3835 (Fax)
Staff description: Therapists, medical specialists, teachers of visually impaired children, O&M specialists.
Geographic area served: Kentucky.
1867 Frankfort Avenue
Louisville, KY 40206
Donna Brostek-Lee, Department of Early Childhood & Rehabilitation Counseling, email@example.com
Diane Haynes, Training Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides consultation in orientation and mobility.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral services for deaf-blind persons to state and community educational and rehabilitative resources.
Services for Children
- Education Services
- Offers intensive consultant services for early-childhood education of deaf-blind children.
- Support for Parents
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to families of deaf-blind children, birth to 22 years of age. Advisory board with parent members.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides consultation and technical assistance to educational programs for infants, children, and youth who are deaf-blind.
- Professional Training
- Offers seminars and summer institute for professionals.