U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Puerto Rico Blind Rehabilitation Center - AFB Directory Profile
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Puerto Rico Blind Rehabilitation Center
VA Medical Center
10 Casia Street
San Juan, PR 00921-3201
(787) 641-7582 21143 (Local)
(787) 641-4569 (Fax)
Geographic area served: Puerto Rico.
Maria Nevarez, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Assists individuals in making an emotional and behavioral adjustment to blindness through individual counseling sessions and group therapy meetings.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers a variety of skill courses designed to help blinded veterans achieve a realistic level of independence. These skill areas include orientation and mobility, communication skills, activities of daily living, manual skills, visual skills, computer access training and social/recreational activities.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.