U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Waco Blind Rehabilitation Center - AFB Directory Profile
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: Waco Blind Rehabilitation Center
Central Texas Veterans Health Care System
4800 Memorial Drive
Waco, TX 76711
(254) 297-3649 (Local)
(254) 297-3915 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, Mississippi, and Texas.
Rosario Zuniga, Outpatient Specialist, (254) 297-3649, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Teaches blinded Veterans the basics of using adaptive computers so that they can keep in touch with family and friends with e-mail, gain access to news and other information on the internet, and gain satisfaction from using an adaptive computer for everyday personal business and enjoyment.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides comprehensive blind rehabilitation, including interdisciplinary inpatient and outpatient services.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluation and follow-up. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Support Groups
- Offers support to Family members and loved ones who serve as Caregivers to Veterans living with the effects of war, disability, chronic illness or aging.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers orientation and mobility training.