U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: West Palm Beach Blind Rehabilitation Center - AFB Directory Profile
U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: West Palm Beach Blind Rehabilitation Center
VA Medical Center
7305 N. Military Trail
West Palm Beach, FL 33410
(561) 422-8426 (Local)
(561) 422-5349 (Fax)
(800) 972-8262 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: 24/7
Clients served on average per year: 144
Number of staff: 22
Staff description: Direct care and ancillary services provided by Allied Health professionals.
Geographic area served: Florida
John Getz, Chief, (561) 422-8426, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Assists in making an emotional and behavioral adjustment to blindness through individual counseling sessions and group therapy meetings.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers a variety of skill courses designed to help blinded veterans achieve a realistic level of independence. These skill areas include orientation and mobility, communication skills, activities of daily living, manual skills, visual skills, computer access training and social/recreational activities.
- Support Groups
- Holds support group meetings of blind veterans.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.