Utah State Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DSBVI) - AFB Directory Profile
Utah State Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DSBVI)
250 North 1950 West , Suite B
Salt Lake City, UT 84116-7902
(801) 323-4343 (Local)
(801) 323-4396 (Fax)
(800) 284-1823 (Toll-Free)
(801) 323-4395 (TDD/TTY)
The Division of Services for the Blind and Visually Impaired (DSBVI) has developed programs to help meet the needs of Utah citizens who are blind or have significant visual impairments. In addition to providing vocational rehabilitation services, DSBVI offers a multitude of training and adjustment services.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Geographic area served: Utah.
150 East Center Street, Suite 3300
Provo, UT 84606-3157
2540 Washington Boulevard Suite 702
Ogden, UT 84401
St. George Office
515 West 300 North, Suite B
St. George, UT 84770-4578
William Gibson, Director, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides outreach training in homes and businesses.
- Provides counseling in adjustment to blindness and vision loss assisted by social worker, or in a class/group. Provides link to support groups in Utah. Consultation and referral, group work, individual counseling.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in home management, personal management, communications, adjustment to blindness, social skills, college preparation, and computer skills. Provides independent living services for persons age 55 and older.
- Employment/Job Training
- Offers evaluation, pre-vocational and vocational training, placement, vending facility training, follow-up.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides and supplies low vision devices. Prescribes and supplies low vision devices.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.
Services for Children
- Braille and Reading Instruction
- Offers instruction in braille.
- Preschool Programs
- Maintains vision screening clinics for pre-school and kindergarten children throughout the state.