Venango County Association for the Blind - AFB Directory Profile
Venango County Association for the Blind
3035 State Route 257
Seneca, PA 16346
(814) 676-1876 (Local)
(814) 676-5814 (Fax)
(866) 415-1107 (Toll-Free)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Number of staff: 4
Staff description: 2 full-time, 2 part-time.
Geographic area served: Clarion, Forest, and Venango Counties.
Publications: Organization pamphlet.
Priscilla Earhart, Executive Director, (814) 676-1876, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Business/Personal Services
- Offers chore services for the elderly.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Offers adult and preschool screenings in health fairs. Offers eye safety programs in all Clarion, Forest and Venango County elementary schools.
- Provides consultation and referral services.
- Information and Referral
- Provides referrals for orientation and mobility training, counseling.
- Library Services
- As sub-lending agency for the Library of Congress, provides talking book record players and cassette players; talking book records and cassettes; braille books; large-print books and magazines.
- Reading Services
- Oil City Derrick (local news recap, obits, weather, grocery buys).
- Recreation Services
- Offers adult continuing education, arts and crafts, summer camp, yoga, swimming, shopping trips and excursions.
- Support Groups
- Has a support groups for seniors.
Services for Children
- Offers vision screenings in daycare centers, nursery schools, and at kindergarten registration.