Virgin Islands Department of Education: State Office of Special Education - AFB Directory Profile
Virgin Islands Department of Education: State Office of Special Education
44-46 Kongens Gade
St. Thomas, VI 00802
(340) 774-0100 (Local)
(340) 779-7153 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
Geographic area served: St. Thomas, St. Croix, St. John.
Kim Gomez, Administrator
Rosemary Gribbon, Vision Therapist
Lyn Reid, Vision Therapist
Belinda West O'Neal, Director of Special Education, Office of Special Education
Services for Children
- Assesses needs and skill levels of students.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers computer training.
- Offers family counseling to families of students who are blind or visually impaired.
- Early Intervention/Infant Services
- Provides services for children from birth to 3 years.
- Education Services
- Provides special classes for totally blind students and reader services to eligible students 15 years old and above.