Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania - AFB Directory Profile
Vision Resources of Central Pennsylvania
1130 South 19th Street
Harrisburg, PA 17104
(717) 238-2531 (Local)
(717) 238-0710 (Fax)
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 AM-4:30 PM.
Geographic area served: Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry Counties.
Publications: TCAB News & Views newsletter, published three times a year.
Nancy Altemose, Director of Services, email@example.com
Mike Barry, Low Vision Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Danette Blank, Executive Director, email@example.com
Londa Peterson, Access Technology Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Services for Adults
- Braille/Electronic/Audio/Large Print Production
- Offers braille transcription and translation for businesses that are looking to become more accessible for individuals who are blind or visually impaired.
- Community Outreach Programs
- Educates children and adults about both prevention of blindness and eye safety throughout Cumberland, Dauphin and Perry counties.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Teaches people who are blind and visually impaired how to use a computer. An on-site computer specialist provides training for software applications like word processing and database management as well as how to navigate the Internet. TCAB also provides training for stand-alone person digital assistants and Note Takers.
- Provides counseling and support groups for families, people who are blind, life skills education, chore service, case management services.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers specialized services to clients who are deemed visually eligible; life skills, personal skills, home maintenance, nutrition and safety programs.
- Employment/Job Training
- Operates a sheltered workshop. Refers for other employment-oriented services.
- In-Home Services
- Offers in-home services, such as shopping, mail reading, bill paying and assitance with paperwork, and transportation and escort services to and from doctor visits and other appointments.
- Information and Referral
- Provides information and referral to special services.
- Low Vision Services
- Conducts low vision evaluations, assesses and sets vision goals, and recommends low vision products to achieve those goals. TCAB's Low Vision Center offers a wide range of low vision products, such as talking products, magnification devices, video magnifiers, UV sun shields and various daily living products to help make life easier for people with visual impairments.
- Reading Services
- Provides individuals who are print-impaired with news, information, broadcasts of special events through the Harrisburg Area Radio Reading Service. Publications include the Harrisburg Magazine, Reminisce, Patriot-News and other local papers.
- Recreation Services
- Assists in activities such as attending plays, exploring nature, playing cards, touring local attractions, art projects, dancing, learning local history.
- Support Groups
- Holds monthly support group meetings.
Services for Children
- Summer/Day Camps and After-school Programs
- Offers a yearly summer camp for children who qualify.