Vista Center, Santa Cruz - AFB Directory Profile
Vista Center, Santa Cruz
413 Laurel Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
(831) 458-9766 (Local)
(831) 426-6233 (Fax)
Vista Center, Santa Cruz is part of Vista Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired, which has headquarters in Palo Alto, CA.
Hours of operation: Mon.-Fri. 9:00 AM-3:30 PM
Clients served on average per year: 150
Number of staff: 5
Geographic area served: Santa Cruz County
Publications: Community and client newsletters
Pam Brandin, Executive Director, (650) 858-0202 119, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Assistive Products
- Maintains a store that offers aids and devices, such as kitchen and writing aids, talking products, and replacement canes, that make it easier to live with vision loss.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- An Internet Cafe provides assistive computer technology at no charge to clients. Training is available upon request.
- Provides counseling and support groups.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Provides training in independent living skills.
- Low Vision Services
- Provides low vision evaluations and dispenses optical aids and other low vision devices; has low vision education classes, "Choices and Changes."
- Recreation Services
- Offers weaving and exercise classes.
- Support Groups
- Offers support groups.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Provides orientation and mobility training.