Visually Impaired Persons of Charlotte County - AFB Directory Profile
Visually Impaired Persons of Charlotte County
22107 Almira Boulevard
Port Charlotte, FL 33952
(941) 625-8501 (Local)
(941) 625-8031 (Fax)
The VIP is a resource and education center offering programs and services to the visually impaired of Charlotte County, Florida and surrounding community.
Geographic area served: Charlotte County
Shirley Gilmore, Director
Services for Adults
- Community Outreach Programs
- Provides outreach programs Speakers and video presentations to various organizations.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- Offers training in the use of adaptive software allows the user to see the screen and hear the commands under Windows operating system.
- Professional and support staff are available to help with the loss of vision.
- Daily Living Skills/Independent Living Skills Training
- Offers a fourteen-week independent living course to people who are visually impaired.
- Low Vision Services
- Offers instruction in the use of the latest low vision devices.
- Services for Seniors
- Offers classes designed to provide the skills necessary to be more independent.
- Support Groups
- Holds weekly peer support group meetings for people who are visually impaired and their families.
- Travel/Orientation and Mobility
- Offers O&M training.