Wyoming Assistive Technology Resources - AFB Directory Profile
Wyoming Assistive Technology Resources
University of Wyoming
1000 E. University Ave.
Laramie, WY 82071-4298
(307) 766-6187 (Local)
(307) 766-2763 (Fax)
(800) 908-7011 (Toll-Free)
(307) 766-2720 (TDD/TTY)
WATR is Wyoming's Assistive Technology Act program and a resource for all assistive technology (AT) needs in Wyoming. AT may be a device or solution that enhances an individual's ability to live, play, or work independently. WATR activities include: Device Demonstrations; Device Loan Center; Device Reutilization; Alternative Financing; AT Assessments and Evaluations; Training and Technical Assistance; Public Awareness Activities and Coordination and Collaboration.
Hours of operation: Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
Clients served on average per year: 500
Number of staff: 3
Geographic area served: State of Wyoming
Publications: Monthly DispATch e-bulletin and the semi-annual WAVES Newsletter. To view these publications visit: http://www.uwyo.edu/wind/watr/publications.html.
Gisele Knopf, Assistive Technology Associate, (307) 766-2051, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ryan Rausch, Occupational Therapist, Assistive Technology Specialist, (307) 766-6187, email@example.com
Services for Adults
- Short-term loan of assistive technology
- Assistive Products
- Maintains a demonstration center in which individuals can try out and evaluate various pieces of assistive technology including low tech and high tech devices.
- Information and Referral
- Provides a free information and referral program.
Services for Children
- With a staff of certified Assistive Technology professionals, we are able to offer fee-for-service AT Assessments and AAC Consultations.
- Computer Training/Assistive Technology
- We offer statewide training for individuals in the areas of education, early intervention programs, adult service programs, hospitals, health care facilities, institutes of higher education, and businesses.
Services for Professionals
- Consultation/Technical Program Assistance
- Provides a variety of training opportunities for professional organizations, state agencies, private industry, service providers, community groups, and consumers interested in learning more about assistive technology and services.