CareerConnect®: For Job Seekers Who Are Blind or Visually Impaired
featured slideshow items
Disability Mentoring Day
Mentors, thank you for your guidance, advice, and inspiration for students and job seekers who are blind or visually impaired.
Our Stories: Blessing Offor
Performing artist Blessing Offer made his debut on The Voice, but he is continuing to find success in the music industry. Read his story!
National Disability Employment Awareness Month!
Each October we celebrate the contributions of workers who are blind or visually impaired. Discover how our mentors have found workplace success.
The Job Seeker's Toolkit
The Job Seeker's Toolkit is an accessible, self-paced, and free online course that helps individuals who are blind or visually impaired develop job-seeking skills and tools that last a lifetime.
Welcome to CareerConnect, an employment information resource developed by the American Foundation for the Blind for job seekers who are blind or visually impaired. CareerConnect presents employment information, career exploration tools, and extensive job seeking guidance for students and adults with vision loss and the professionals who work with them.
Employment Information for Job Seekers with Blindness or Vision Loss
- Provides employment and job search information developed specifically for the visually impaired job-seeker
- Helps new job seekers and students who are blind or visually impaired explore careers and find mentors
- Assists experienced professionals and new job seekers with vision loss who seek advice about interviewing skills, resume building, disability disclosure, or any number of other topics related to a successful job search
- Is a resource for professionals working with clients who have vision loss and are new to the job search process, or need to brush up on employment skills
- Provides information to anyone interested in the wide variety and interesting array of jobs performed by adults who are blind or visually impaired
Register With My CareerConnect to Take Advantage of Online Job Search Tools
CareerConnect provides free access to an extensive variety of fully accessible employment and portfolio-building tools and exercises that will support you in your job search. In order to take full advantage of these resources, you will need to set up a free My CareerConnect account. (If you are already a registered user or mentor, log in to access your account.)
Once registered, you can:
- Take full advantage of the Job Seeker's Toolkit
- Create an online resume through our fully accessible resume builder
- Build and update your personal data sheet to make filling out applications easier and faster
- Email any of the visually impaired mentors in our program to seek advice and get your questions answered
- Check for messages on career-specific message boards
The employment materials you develop through CareerConnect will be saved to your account where you can access them wherever you have an Internet connection. CareerConnect's exercises and interactive features are all friendly to screen readers and screen magnifiers developed for people who are blind or have low vision.
- Thank You, Mentor! Happy National Disability Mentoring Day
by Katy Lewis on 10/19/2016
- White Cane Safety Day Is October 15!
by Katy Lewis on 10/13/2016