Technology Resources for People with Vision Loss
When you think of technology from the perspective of people with vision loss, you can think of two broad categories:
- General technology: such as computers, smartphones and cell phones, GPS devices, etc.
- Assistive technology: items designed specifically to help people with vision loss or other disabilities, including everything from screen readers for blind individuals or screen magnifiers for low-vision computer users, video magnifiers and other devices for reading and writing with low vision, to braille watches and braille printers.
AFB's goal is to provide you with the information you need to learn about available technology and even discover new ways to use technology to enhance your everyday life. We're pleased to provide you with:
- AccessWorld®, AFB's monthly online technology magazine with reviews of technology products and online resources for people with vision loss
- A searchable database of assistive technology and independent living products
- Tips on selecting and using everyday technology, like computers and accessible cell phones
Sign up to receive an emailed alert every time a new issue of AccessWorld® or breaking news article becomes available.
Highlights of AFB's Work on Accessible Design and Technology Issues
- Celebrating Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2016
by AFB Staff on 5/18/2016
- Four Ways Google Is Building a More Accessible World for the Visually Impaired
by AFB Staff on 4/20/2016