Reading and Writing
Technology provides a wide variety of tools which can be used by people who are blind or have low vision for reading and writing. These tools can be divided into categories based on the modality the user chooses to accomplish reading and writing tasks: visual, tactile, auditory. Many readers will choose a combination of these tools depending on the amount of reading and writing required and the task to be accomplished.
- Visual Tools for Reading Print
- Tactile Tools for Reading Print
- Auditory Tools for Reading Print
- Writing Tools for Visual Readers
- Braille Writing Tools and Tools for Tactile Graphics
- Writing Tools for Auditory Readers
Some tools are better for short reading and writing tasks while other tools are better for longer reading and writing tasks. Successful readers and writers will obtain a toolbox full of tools and learn which tool to choose for accomplishing specific tasks efficiently.
We hope you’ve found this information helpful. Please consider making a donation today to support our free information, programs, and research.